Welcome to www.MarinaG.ca your Real Estate Connection
Good day, Dear Guests!
I am a Real Estate Agent and this site is about Real Estate. But not just the houses and condos, bricks and mortar, mortgage rates and buyer or seller market, but also things that for many people turn the house into a home. What these things are? Fabulous folks next door that we know so little about; Smell of freshly baked bread and a glass of good wine; Parks, rivers and lakes around the corner that we’ve never seen; Big events of the little villages; Cats and dogs, birdies and fishies; All these little things that make our lives worthwhile. I will go out there and explore and will be truly honoured shall you decide to join. Check out my blog for new post everyday. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram are welcome too ;) And here is a little video for you :)
When you put your home on the market, it’s important that you make the indoor living space as attractive as possible to potential buyers. The foyer should look spacious and inviting. The bedrooms, neat and uncluttered. The basement, clean and well lit.
All good advice.
But don’t forget the outdoor living space. That too has a significant impact on how quickly your home sells and for how much. You want to make the area around your property, from the front walkway to the backyard deck, as attractive as possible.
How do you do that? Here are some tips for sprucing up your outdoor living space that can be easily implemented.
- Trim the hedges. Like a haircut, it gives your landscaping a clean, styled look.
- Place flower pots in strategic locations, such as next to the front steps and on the deck or patio.
- Fix anything that’s loose or squeaking, such as fence gates, shutters and deck railings.
- Remove anything unsightly, like garbage bags and piles of garden cuttings.
- Sweep all walkways, especially the one leading to your front door.
- Wash the outsides of your windows. (No need for ladders, buckets and scrub brushes. Most home improvement stores now sell window washing kits that hook up to your garden hose.)
- Check to make sure everything works: water taps, electrical outlets, exterior lights, etc.
You can probably get most of this work done in a single weekend. It’s worth it. Making your outdoor living space look great will dramatically increase your home’s appeal to potential buyers.