I had this recipe for 5000 years and it works every time. Recipe is from my Christmas Collection. Excellent to use when baking with kids - just be ready colorful icing will be all over the place!
We will need:
3 large eggs 250 grams margarine 1 cup sugar 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar 3 cups all purpose flour
1. Beat margarine + sugar until creamy
2. Add eggs - one at a time, and beat until well combined
3. Add vanilla, soda and flour, quickly mix into dough, do not over-knead.
4. Roll out, cut various shapes using cookie cutters, place on slightly greased cookie sheets
5. Bake at 200C until slightly golden - about 8-10 min
6. Glaze using royal icing (egg white + icing sugar, mix, don't beat, add enough icing sugar to get very steady peaks, then thin with water for the glaze, about pancake dough consistency. Add food color of your choice, apply using a brush or flat spatula)
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty