Happy Homes always invite you with a smell of good food! What can be better in a bitter cold? We are cooking Shepherd's Pie today, as usual, my version, as I rarely stick with classical recipes.
We will need:
5 large potatoes peeled 1 cup of milk 1/2 pound ground beef 1/2 pound ground pork 3 cups tomato sauce 1 can corn 1 large onion chopped sunflower oil salt pepper honey butter 1/2 pound cheddar - shredded
1. Mashed potatoes - nothing fancy here - boil potatoes in salty water till tender, get rid of the water, mash them up, add warm mild, 1 tsp butter
2. Meat sauce - cook chopped onion in a frying pan with some sunflower oil until golden, add beef and pork and cook constantly stirring and trying to break all the large pieces. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
3. Add cooked meat, tomato sauce, honey (about 2 tbs), salt, pepper to the slow cooker. Cook on "HIGH" for 1.5 hour
4. Assembly: use large baking tray - I prefer glass, looks good in there. First layer - meat sauce, spread corn on top (don't forget to drain the juice), next layer - mashed potatoes, followed by shredded cheese.
5. Bake at 190 C for about an hour - till all cheese melts and turns golden, slightly brownish at the edges.
6. It takes a while to cool after you get it out of the oven. Don't burn yourself!
7. Bon appetite!
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty