If you are crazy about lemony cookies, just like my son - this is the right type for you to try!
We will need:
1 cup unsalted butter 1/2 cup sugar 2 tbs grated lemon rind 1/2 tsp salt 2 cups flour 3 tbsp poppy seeds 1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Cream together butter, sugar, lemon rind and salt.
2. Add flour, poppy seeds, baking powder. Knead into a smooth dough - do not overdo!
3. Dough is quite sticky - we will be rolling it out on a wax paper till about 1/4 inch thickness. Mine are thinner - don't like huge cookies. Cut into squares, or stars, or whatever your heart desires!
4. Place on cookie sheets and refrigerate till firm - about 30 min.
5. Bake at 160 Ctill golden or about 15 min.
6. Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty