I am not a huge fan of cheesecakes - have difficult relationships with cream-cheese. But this one is pretty good. Good and easy. In fact, it is so easy, your kids can bake it for you!
You will need:
For the crust:
1/3 cup butter 1 and 1/4 cup crackers 1/3 filberts or walnuts
For the filling:
3 packages of cream-cheese (8-ounce per package) 3 eggs 1 can sweetened condensed milk 1/4 tsp lemon juice 1 cup 14% sour cream
whipping cream icing sugar assorted berries - we had blueberries
To make the things happen:
two kids, cute and smart, hair color is optional, we just happened to have 2 blondes.
1. Prepare the crust - throw crackers in the blender and blend into fine crumbs, add nuts and blend some more
2. Add melted butter and mix well
3. We used 10-inch cake pan. Lay the bottom with parchment paper and press prepared crumb-ant-butter mixture to form sides and bottom of your cheesecake
4. Prepare the filling: in a big bowl beat cream-cheese (must be at the room temperature). Continue beating, add eggs by one, slowly pour in condensed milk, lemon juice and add sour cream towards the end.
5. Pour the cheese mixture onto prepared crust and bake for 45 min at 160 C. Do not OVERBAKE!!!!
6. Let it cool. Most recipes call to let it sit in the turned off oven. But we had a feeling it will get too dry, and got it out immediately.
7. To decorate whip some whipping cream with some icing sugar till steady peaks. Then let kids play!
8. Add some berries and Voila!
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty