I used to hate cottage cheese as a kid. And my Grandma used to say that if I don't eat it I would never grow and my bones would be all weak. See what happens here? I am almost 6 feet tall and I never broke a bone in my life. And now, like 30 years later I don't mind cottage cheese.
We will need:
1 kg soft dry cottage cheese - tvorog 1 cup sugar 2 packages vanilla sugar 4 eggs (save 1 yolk) 1 tsp baking soda 2 tbsp melted butter raisins / dry apricots / dry cranberries (optional) 1 cup flour
1. Press cottage cheese through the sieve or simply blend it in a food processor. Do not blend with sugar - cheese would become watery
2. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla, melted butter and mix well
3. Fold in flour and baking soda and any dry fruits if using them.
4. Slightly grease glass casserole dish, transfer cheese mixture and spread evenly. This casserole does not raise much, so you can fill up the dish pretty much to the top.
5. Brush surface with reserved egg yolk and bake in the pre-heated to 190C oven for about 30 minutes, or till top turns golden
6. Could be served warm or cold, with preserves, whipped cream or sour-cream. Now I am thinking vanilla ice cream would work awesome if you serve Zapikanka warm
7. Enjoy! Bon Appetite! Smachnogo!
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty