This is a MUST of the season. Easy to make and fast to be gone. I usually make it when I need a compromise between my kids demands for "something sweet" and my growing laziness.... Hope you will enjoy it!
We will need fresh apples and fresh or frozen cranberries. I used frozen
And here is the list of ingredients:
3 eggs - separated 1 cup brown sugar or white sugar 3 tbsp sour cream or plain yogurt 200 grams butter 1 tsp baking soda 3 cups flour vanilla apples cranberries cinnamon
1. Butter + sugar + vanilla beat with the mixer till creamy
2. Add egg yolks, soda, sour cream - mix 3. Add flour and quickly mix into dough
4. Grease your pie pan - I am usually using sunflower oil. I hate all the greasing sprays with passion, firmly believe they are complete waste of money.
5. Take 3/4 of your ready dough and spread it in a pie pan. Does not have look perfect at this point
6. Peel apples, remove the seeds, slice and fill our pie shell. I used 3 medium size apples. Top with cranberries - about 1 cup 7. Sprinkle with cinnamon
8. Take 3 egg whites and beat with 3/4 cup of sugar (white for sure this time) till steady peaks. Spread on top of your fruit 9. Crumble the remaining 1/4 of the dough on top. You can also freeze it and grate, but I really have no patience for that!
10. Preheat your oven till 180 C and bake for about 35-40 minutes. When using brown sugar in a dough - the color of the pie might be deceiving. Make sure it is all cooked by sticking a toothpick.
11. Pa-pam! Let it cool before you try to get it out of the pan. Enjoy! If you are in Toronto - don't forget to go to my web-site and claim your free calendar for 2014
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty