Recipe from the famous "Pastry Chef", by famous Bo Friberg. Wording slightly modified to make it a bit shorter. These cookies were part of my "Cookie Drive" this year
540 g soft unsalted butter 225 g sugar 255 g dark raisins 225 g rolled oats 1 tsp vanilla extract (I used 1 packet of vanilla sugar) 255 g honey - this is about 3/4 cup 1 tsp baking soda 595 g bread flour - this is about 4 cups
1. Beat butter and sugar, add raisins, oats, vanilla and honey. Mix well until combined
2. Sift baking soda and flour, add to the mixture
3. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces, roll out each piece into a rope about 40 cm long, refrigerate until firm
4. Cut each rope into 20 pieces. (I made more pieces - don't like huge cookies)
5. Place the slices, staggered, cut side down on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper. (I did not use paper - have really good non-stick cookie sheets from Canadian Tire, bought on sale for $5 a piece, yay!)
6. Use a fork to flatten and mark cookies. Bake at 190 C (375 F) until golden - about 15 min.
7. Hide them really well as they get consumed way too fast!
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty