Foody Thursday - Chocolate and Walnut Pastry "Alissa"
Thursday, 27 February 2014, 02:46:44 PM
I am in a baking mood again and who said I can't call a pastry my daughter's name? Here it is! The pastry is quite dry, crunchy and can be stored for over a week. But, it is so tasty, I highly doubt it will survive the whole week, even if you don't have a sweet tooth!
200 gr unsalted butter 350 gr flour (2 cups) 100 gr sugar (1/2 cup) 2 tbsp sour cream or plain yogurt 3 egg yolks 1 tsp baking powder
3 egg whites 150 gr sugar 2 cups finely chopped walnuts (pecans would also work)
2 tbsp sugar 1 tbsp cocoa powder (no instant hot chocolate, please) 50 gr butter 2 tbsp heavy cream
1. Lets make crust: beat butter and sugar till fluffy, add yolks, sour cream, mix well, add baking powder and flour at the end, form dough, divide into 2 equal parts. Roll out one part, place on a baking sheet (I used 26 x 26 cm).
2. Filling: beat egg whites into think foam, add sugar and nuts
3. Spread the filling onto rolled out dough
4. Roll out the remaining dough and cover the filling. Press edges together, so that the filling does not get out during baking.
5. Bake in a pre-heated to 180 C oven for 25 minutes.
6. Let cool and cover with glaze
7.Glaze: melt butter, add sugar and cocoa and boil until smooth and even, add cream, let cool a bit. (also, if you have this chocolate glaze ready, it could be used as well)
8. Bon appetite!
Compliments of Marina Gavrylyuk Real Estate Agent with Sutton Group Summit Realty